Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Aussie pregnant women to wear masks?

I heard the latest recommendations this morning about swine flu. It's getting mean!


What will you do if you are pregnant?


Keep on going out as normal?


Stay home?


Wear that mask?





Here's the article


http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/wellb鈥?/a>


I meant to go to Medicare today to get a reimbursement but with all the sick people waiting there, I think I'll pass!Aussie pregnant women to wear masks?
Hi. Im an Aussie and haven't heard the recommendations. My Dr hasn't said anything about it either. I don't go out any less than I did before, but im naturally more cautious of people who are sick... Swine flu does worry me, but as there are still no vaccines available there isn't much we can do about it. We shouldn't have to stay home because we are pregnant, people with swine flu should stay home so they don't infect anyone else... I think it's fine to keep going on as normal, but be aware of the people around you. I was due on Wednesday and cant wait to have bubs to ease my mind a bit.Aussie pregnant women to wear masks?
Honestly - the masks are close to useless. Unless you put it on in a sterile environment and then not move it at all until you're back in a sterile environment (that would include re-adjusting it's position while you're outside, moving it aside to take a drink etc) then germs can easily get under the mask.





The only thing you really achieve is looking like a complete tool. If you're that paranoid, stay home, but don't let scaremongering ruin your day. Most people who get H1N1 have a mild case that is no worse than any other flu strain - not to mention that H1N1 actually has a lower fatality rate than most seasonal flu's. Be sensible, but don't let fear run your life.
What surprises me is that they are actually doing something for a risk group, with the numbers as they are now, compared to some countries which shall remain nameless and have worse numbers, where they simply don't seem to know what to do and the only thing they seem to be doing well at, is panicking and doing the same to their population.





Australia deserves a medal for that.
Swine flu doesn't really exist, its a plot by muslim terrorists to get all women to cover their faces!
i wouldnt go out just as much to gatherings and stuf.to lower the chance.and by the way its been proved that the masks dont work.x
Hello fellow Aussie.. I don't get out much lately due to morning sickness but i would definitely avoid going to group gatherings and so on. I wouldnt go to the extreme of wearing a mask.
if i was a girl....


if...


i'd stay home...

No comments:

Post a Comment