Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Aussie pregnant women to wear masks?

I heard the latest recommendations this morning about swine flu. It's getting mean!


What will you do if you are pregnant?


Keep on going out as normal?


Stay home?


Wear that mask?





Here's the article


http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/wellb鈥?/a>Aussie pregnant women to wear masks?
im not going to wear a mask, but i will be very careful about who im around... ill be washing my hands very regularly.. and if someone looks sick or is coughing / sneezing, im staying far far away


im pretty healthy, i take vitamins and eat well and i feel pretty energetic considering im 36 weeks tomorrow.. but this thing is only going to get worse and worse.. how can we never leave home??


when my baby is born im not going to take her to the shops or anything like that until she has had all her needles, and ill be extra careful with making sure ppl wash their hands before touching her etc...


and if friends or fam are sick ill just tell them to visit another time.. its going to be hard to not look like a germ freak, but there really isn't much choice at the moment








btw: medicare has an option where you register your bank details and they can just deposit your refund directly now.. check it outAussie pregnant women to wear masks?
I was watching the news last night about this. I'm 26 weeks, and heading into third trimester. I'll still be going out of the house, I have to! Shopping and other things need to be done, but I don't think i'll be wearing a mask. I've had the flu already and only had it for 5-6 days, that's amazing considering a pregnant ladies immune system is alot weaker! My fiance and my mother had flu's but I made sure I boiled everything. Get plenty of Vitamin C too, drink water and keep the pregnancy vitamins up!
All over the world they are advising pregnant women to be extra careful because H1N1 seems to be much more serious if you are pregnant. A mask is not completely necessary but you do need to avoid crowded places and wash your hands often.

No comments:

Post a Comment